Saturday, January 26, 2013

Madeline's Orphanage


I think I am finally feeling a little better. Still can't eat everything- so when it comes to dinner suggestions I tell hubby to ask everyone else!

The truth is I am a good nurse but a bad patient!
I do not like being sick AT ALL!
Yesterday was a tough day for me but otherwise everything went great!

* For better pics of the orphanage visit go to Katie's blog at

Madeline is from Zhuhai orphanage located in southern Guangdong Province.


It is the nicest orphanage I have ever been in!


Our daughter was well taken care of! 
And the people that work there are very, very nice and welcoming!
They have beautiful outdoor play areas!



In this area of China everything is new! All the buildings and all the towns, all construction has been done in the last 25 years.



And when the weather is not as nice they have a lovely indoor play area!
Here is Madeline's art work!
I think she has a future as an artist!



As we complimented them on the orphanage they made it very clear that no matter how good the orphanage is every child needs a family.  They could never replace a family. 
How very accurate that is - nothing can replace the love of a family!


This is their classroom!


Okay... I'm feeling like my homeschool is not going to measure up...


Let's just say, I got a few ideas from them!



Here are her buddies! The little guy in the green and grey stripe sweater in her new BFF !
He was not happy she was leaving ;-(
Our hearts hurt for him...



And the lunch room!


This is the indoor gym area! 
The children put on a little show for us! It was so cute! 
I know I am biased but I think Madeline did a really good job!


We got it on video! so so cute!


 And her bed. It was a board, no mattress with a thin quilt on it.


After dinner the go to the apartments with their small family like group. They watch TV and spend time together like a family. The apartment has 3 rooms in it so it is like a real China apartment.
 

Madeline was quiet during the time, she enjoyed the visit and it was important but she seemed a little scared and not as smiley as usual.


The boy in the blue shirt is being adopted by bloggy friends!! We are so happy for him and them!!

If only Mia could have had an opportunity like this...

So thankful with have all three girls now!
So thankful to be bringing them home!

Praising GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment