Saturday, December 3, 2011

Her Diagnosis and The Orphanage Visit


We were so happy that they allowed us to visit her orphanage!
She had been there ever since she was found at 2yrs 4 months ago, in the hospital. I am guessing that is when they diagnosed her.

Abby has MDS-RAS it is an anemia that changes into a leukemia at some point. When? We do not know? It is a diagnosis that is more commonly given to adults in the 50's and 60's.  More men have it than women. At this point it is dealt with through regular blood transfusions- every 4 weeks. In Ch*na she would spend a week in the hospital each time. They would slowly transfuse her and closely observe her. I am not sure WHY it took so long for a transfusion? I thought it could be done in hours?
This will be a learning experience for me and for our family.

I have found Ch*na to be usually correct with their diagnosis. Often there is more going on than what is on the referral, usually not less.

We know we serve an amazing, all powerful God who can move mountains!
We know that God lead us to our little girl and impressed upon our hearts that she needed to come home.
We know that GOD is in control and pray to HIM for our daughters health and future!

Within days of arriving home we will take Abby to the Oncologist. They will run tests and at that point re-diagnose her. Then they will devise a treatment plan. It will most likely include continued transfusions. There is a chance she will need a bone marrow transplant. I know very little about that procedure and about donors but once again we will learn and do what we need to do for our little girl!

Why am I sharing all this with you?
Honestly, I believe in the power of prayer. The power of many petitioning God for a child. I believe that you will pray with me for our daughter.
When we know more we will share.


Abby was nervous about going back to the orphanage. I think she was scared we may leave her there- poor dear.
The Xi'an CWI is also referred to as the pink palace.
From the information I got this is where all the children go to school.

When we arrived she eagerly got out of the van with a smile on her face!
 There was a nanny and two small children walking up to the building.
I quickly got my list of names out (of requests by other parents for pictures) and this sweet little girl in the pink was on my list!
I can't believe the timing! That is so God!!
Her Momma was in need of a picture- she had sent a gift a month ago and never got anything back.
I am so thankful God could use us to bring Joy to her new Momma!!


Aren't those two precious!!


And I thought Abby was itty bitty! Silly me!
The other two names of children that I had were not in this orphanage. So I was not able to get their pics.
I got Catherine's message too late- I was so disappointed- I wish I could have gotten a pic of her son- so sorry Catherine. I really never imagined they would let us do this and was so surprised and thankful that we could!


Abby's friends were so excited to see her and her new family!!


Of course it helps when you bring suckers!!


Abby was well liked at her school! We are very thankful for that!
It was a clean and good environment (for an orphanage/school setting).
The children go here in the morning and back to their "home" for lunch and then back again to school for the afternoon.


More than the suckers the children wanted us- they wanted parents to call their own. They wanted our attention, hugs, to be carried, they wanted anything they could get from us...
Our time with them was short, too short.
They were precious little treasures with aching hearts for a family...


At one point Abby came up to me and grabbed my hand as if to say- she's MY Mom!


Some children wanted help opening the wrapper of their sucker but were concerned if they gave it to me... would I give it back?


This little girl wanted to come home with us and called me Momma.
Oh God Bless her!



They told us that Abby lived with these two children but when we got to her home we found out they just lived in the same building.
There are 800 orphans in Xi'an CWI.


Here is her Half the Sky- Little Sisters preschool class.


Then we took a short walk to where she lived. I am not sure if all the children live in these apartments or if just some live here in a family like setting and others live in an orphanage?
Abby's home was on the 6th floor.


Once the children discovered we were there they cam running out to great us and to see Abby's family- along with getting a sucker!


Her foster Mom was the one on the right, in the red. She seemed very nice but did not shower Abby with love. Other adults were much warmer to her.


The apartment was immaculate and incredibly clean! Simple but nice!
It even had a flat screen TV. 


Four children lived there with a Momma and Babba.
It had 3 bedroom, bathroom, family room and kitchen area.


This is Abby's bedroom- three children shared this room and one child was in the other room.
I did not find out who was in the other beds. Who did she live with?? Something I wish I would have done. Maybe the cameras that were returned to us will have more info... I hope!


This is Abby's bed!


It was so good to see where our daughter has been since she was 2 yrs and 4 months old.
I did not have the feeling though that she had been there for that long... If so wouldn't there have been tears upon saying good bye?

(Why at moments like this do I forget to ask the right questions?)

There was nothing. No tears...
She left happily waving goodbye without looking back.
No one cried...
I got a little emotional but fought back the tears and moved on - she's our now and we look forward to what is ahead of us. This little girl is a treasure!

Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment