Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nesting!

I forgot to tell you we got our I800 approval over a week ago!!

Now we wait for our NVC notice and then...

it's the wait for article 5.

We are hoping and praying and praying and praying to get to China and back home before Chinese New Year.

This long weekend was a perfect time for us to get some nesting done!


Since winter has arrived we focused on getting the snowsuits, shoes and boots for ALL the children, even the three waiting in China!
In MN once the deep freeze hits the children wear ugg type boots, lined crocs and snow boots for playtime.

Luke needs special orthopedic heel/ankles braces for the next year because his heels are colapsing. He will have indoor tennis shoes and outdoor tennis shoes along with winter snow boots. And he will need to wear his "sure steps" (ankle supports) whenever he is awake.

For the life of me, I could not keep "who has what" straight so I had to put them in order/rows so I could visually see who has and who needs ... what!

At the same time we are planning what we need to bring to China for the girls.
I will be able to "shop at home" for many of their clothes!
Praise GOD!


It snowed at the end of the day on Thanksgiving!
The children were thrilled and were eager to play outside!
Emma was the only one who needed a new snowsuit this year!
She is very happy with her purple theme!


I think there was more grass than snow but they still had fun!


Hubby carved the last of the turkey.


And we all enjoyed left overs!


I de- accessed Abby's backpack(IV) this weekend for the first time!
It felt good to use some of the my nursing skills!
I do not plan on doing the accessing(starting her IV in the port in her chest) - it is challenging to bond with your child while sticking a needle into their chest... we/I already have to give her yucky medicine everyday.


We spent the weekend nesting- getting the house ready for the winter and for the new children!


Sam and Luke have moved into their new room.
The girls were a little sad to see them go...


Okay, I know this is not a professional job... but... hey, it works!
The boys were so excited!


We cleaned the mudroom closet, got the little boys room ready, started on the girls room and went through all our childrens' clothes.
Mia, Melissa and Madeline have clothes, jackets and boots!
We will continue to work on the finishing touches and I will post pics.
It is different planning a room for 1 child verses 4-5 children .
All the spaces have to be used wisely... it's not all about the decorations...


The boys were so excited to see their room coming together!


I had to have the rocker in there just in case one of my little guys needed some rocking!


And this is the one "boys only toys" place!


They were so excited to go to bed tonight!

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment