Monday, May 7, 2012

This Last Weekend!


Hubby and I went to meet Andrews parents!
I stopped at a shoe store on the way to the airport, then we picked up Kate at her place. I reached for my purse to call her...and realized I had forgotten my purse at the shoe store. We were already running a bit late but we didn't have a choice we needed to go back for my purse (and license to get on the plane).
The woman at the shoe store said she ran after our car to try to stop us! She new we were catching a plane.
Thankfully we made it to the airport just in time- whew!


Andrew's family lives in the DC area.
I love love love my life but sometimes it is nice to have a little break and be with adults.
It makes going home all that much sweeter!


His family home is on 10 acres in Virginia!
They have hens- I really want hens someday!
We took a walk around the property and discovered an injured swan. The local sheriff came out to rescue him.


I should have taken more photos of their family but it was more of a time to get to know each other before the wedding than a photo shoot!

This is Andrew's little sister Lindsay- she is so nice and so much like our Katie!

We met his older brother and his wife and 2 children and Ken and Evelyn (Andrew's parents).


We had so much fun. He has a wonderful family!
We really feel blessed that God has brought these two together!


They had a barn too!
I love barns!
Isn't it just the cutest barn!!

This is Andrew's Dad's hobby and it is awesome!
I am not really a farm girl but it sure does look appealing!

The next day we went sightseeing in DC!


The weather was perfect! High 60's and overcast.


We walked about 5 miles!
It felt great to get some exercise and see some of the sights!


The squirrels are used to seeing lots of people and want to be fed!

I had a cute pair of sandals on... they looooookkkkkkkeeeedddddd good!
BUT they were not the best shoes for walking in!


It is such a neat place to visit! So much history in that area of the US.


As we welcome Andrew into our family we have learned to have a greater appreciation for the men and women that serve our country.


Being from the upper midwest we are not as exposed to the military as much as those that live on the east coast. 
I am thankful to God for allowing us to grow and learn more about our military.
We are such a blessed country and have often taken things for granted.


Many soldiers have lost their lives so we can have ours.


I have so much respect for Armed Forces.
I am so thankful for Andrew and his family in our lives and look forward to future fun and family times.

If you think about it, will you keep Andrew and all the other soldiers who bravely protect our country and our freedom in your prayers.


The War Memorials were amazing.


It was a wonderful day- a blessed day!

I hope that ALL of our children can come here and see our nations capitol!

We look forward to returning here to see so much more than our time allowed!



And when were were done...


I was tired!
My feet were aching in my new and really cute shoes!




This is what we came home to!
Oh My! I feel so very blessed!!


I am guessing that my dreams of chickens, goats, barns and a farm lifestyle will not be in my future


BUT other really cool things will be...


Oh ya... I haven't shared with you yet...


have I?


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment