Saturday, August 25, 2012

STUCK in Amsterdam...

Much to my dismay I am stuck in Amsterdam...

Katie and Andrew sent me on my way once we got to security at the Stuttgart airport. 
It was sad to say goodbye again...
Tried not to cry but couldn't stop the tears...
I am so bad with goodbyes...

What a wonderful time we had!

The flight between Stuttgart and Amsterdam is an easy one hour.
I had a 1 1/2 hr layover and then I was on my way home...
I thought...

But our plane has been delayed and delayed and delayed.

Now we are schedule to leave at 2:00am- it' such a bummer. That's 10 hours later than expected.
I am hanging in the airport, not much to do but wish I were HOME.

TODAY is a SPECIAL day.
And it's hurting my heart that I am not home...

It's Sam's 6th birthday. 

I was supposed to arrive at 7:00pm- just in time for visiting and helping the kids get ready for bed.
 The next day (Sunday) was going to be birthday party day. 
I'm afraid I will be quite tired now for the celebration. I just don't function well on little to no sleep.

They are having a good day at home so I am very happy for that!
They went to their favorite BKF restaurant and then to Johnny's soccer game. After that is swimming and dinner at the pool.

I did get to wish him a Happy Birthday over the phone!

Please pray that the plane is fixed and that we can leave at our 2:00am scheduled time!
I miss everyone so much I just need to get HOME and hug my birthday boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment