Thursday, August 29, 2013

Listening In!

We put them to bed 30 minutes ago and we could still hear them downstairs...

They were loud and they were giggling!

When I wake them up in the morning they stumble out of bed-
 groggy and cranky...
But that would be only Monday through Friday (our school days).

Because on Saturday they wake up too early
and
 they are all excited 
to go get donuts and coffee 
with Dad.

(I'm not winning the popularity contest at our house)


We had already called up to them

quiet
Quiet
QUIET!

They aren't listening...
naughty children (jk)...

So I started up the stairs

and I was rather irritated.

As I got closer to room I quietly listened.

Mia was saying 
"Okay Sarah, I am going to give you a really hard word.
Spell box"

BOX
"Mia, I can spell trampoline... of course I can spell box!"

After that conversation they began to give each other math problems.

I thought about entering into the room or flashing the lights but I waited a bit longer.

Long enough...
 for them to start quoting scripture.

Seriously, 
they were quoting scripture from our homeschool lesson.
Genesis 1:1-5

At that point...
I wasn't irritated any more.
If I was a dog I would have had my tail between my legs...
I sheepishly went back downstairs to share with Hubby.

Sometimes I question if we are making progress.
It's not always visible.

BUT,
I'm feelin pretty good right now!

Praising GOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment