Friday, September 23, 2011

Fried Chicken

We love our children! They are wonderful and have been such a joy to us!

Except!


When they eat fried chicken!
Oh my goodness! It's more than my stomach can handle!


So what do we do?

We serve them up a full glass of cold milk, some fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and then...


WE LEAVE THE ROOM!


It all started when Katie and I were in China meeting Sarah!
We were shocked how she licked the chicken bone clean and we were pretty sure if we did not stop her  the bone would have been gone too!


One by one the children came home... okay, it's been two by two but you know what I mean!

Each one has done the same thing(except Anna- she came home at 16 months)! They have licked the bone clean! Not only is the delicious chicken gone but so are the tendons, the little dark blood vessels, the fat and the anatomy list goes on! Even the cartilage is gone! Don't ask me where it is? I don't want to know and I don't want to share where I think its gone!


Last night I heard Ava crunching on something! I made her spit it out!


The truth is what they are eating is made to be eaten.
What they are eating is most likely good for them in some way.
In China they would be thankful for every morsel of food, not knowing what or if there would be more. A thankful attitude is always better then a picky attitude!
The Chinese diet is generally a healthier diet than the American diet.
So most likely my preferences are just plain wrong.

It just happens to be one of my irritants!
(which leads me to another post!)

I certainly can't encourage them to eat chicken like me- The only thing worse than watching them eat chicken would be watching me eat chicken!


Disclaimer- those are not paper plates! They are plastic plates that look like paper plates- just in case you were wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment